Best Golf Umbrella Review Early 2021
Hours Spent Testing
Attempting to play a game of golf amidst a downpour or series of heavy winds can be rather off-putting and unappealing.
Aside from trying to focus on the game itself, you have the added challenge of the adverse weather conditions, however, this struggle can be eliminated if you have the right umbrella to hand.
Many factors contribute to a robust and durable golf umbrella. If you are a little uncertain as to which umbrella is best for your needs, we have selected our top five picks of the best golf umbrellas on the market.
We have also compiled a handy buyers guide containing all of our top tips for choosing the best product for your golfing needs.
If you are in a hurry and don’t have the time to continue reading, we have selected our top pick for you below.
If you are looking for a golf umbrella that is going to be able to withstand the harshness and unexpectedness of the great outdoors, the G4 golf umbrella has been designed with quality and durability in mind.
With three size options available 54” 62” and 68”, this umbrella provides sufficient space ensuring that you are prepared to face the course regardless of the weather. The EVA handle provides a comfortable grip, minimizing the possibility of wrist fatigue occurring as a result of holding this umbrella for prolonged periods.
Featuring an auto-open mechanism, this umbrella can be put up in the click of a button. Gone or the days of having to figure out the push mechanisms of an umbrella that simply does not want to be put up. You will be covered from the rain or protected from the sun in no time.
Regardless of the weather conditions that you are confronted with you can be assured that this umbrella is going to provide you with the relevant protection.
The canopy has been made using pongee fabric which possesses effective water-resistant qualities. This is also lightweight and also offers the necessary sun protection with SPF 50+.
This umbrella is going to protect you from the wind thanks to the double canopy design and fiberglass frame which can withstand the toughest of wind without becoming damaged. The vented design also ensures that the wind can circulate effectively making it easier to handle in the toughest of weather conditions.
- Backed with a one year warranty, this umbrella is covered should you experience any issue or defects with the umbrella that you receive.
- There are three sizes available ranging from 52 inches to 68 inches, allowing you to select the size to suit your needs.
- Available in multiple different colors, you can select your favorite preferred umbrella.
- Retailing within an affordable price range, this umbrella is great value for money, ideal for golfers on a budget.
- It is durably constructed to withstand the toughest of weather conditions.
- The internal poles of the umbrella are prone to snapping when subject to harsh winds.
The ACEIken is available in two large sizes, 62 inches, and 68 inches. Courtesy of its oversized canopy you will be sufficiently protected from any harsh weather conditions that you may encounter on the golf course.
For improved comfort, the handle of this umbrella has been designed with an EVA grip allowing you to hold it for prolonged periods without experiencing any sort of wrist fatigue.
Aside from this, the handle also features an automatic open function which provides a quick and convenient way of opening the umbrella in the simple press of a button.
Experiencing harsh and adverse weather conditions on the golf course is likely to be rather inconvenient and holding and transporting a heavy umbrella is likely to make this even more challenging.
However, this needn’t be a concern with the ACEIken Golf umbrella as it has been constructed using lightweight materials which make it much easier to carry.
Courtesy of the double canopy construction, this umbrella has been durably designed and is deemed to be windproof to withstand the toughest of weather conditions without becoming damaged easily.
- Made using silk derived materials, this umbrella will dry quickly which is likely to make it easier to carry around.
- Backed with a lifetime replacement warranty, you will receive a free replacement umbrella should you experience any issues with your current umbrella.
- Retailing within an affordable price range, this is an ideal choice for golfers who don’t wish to spend a lot on their umbrella.
- The diverse color options ensure that you are always visible on the course
- The duplex frame accounts for efficient wind circulation making the umbrella much easier to handle.
- Unfortunately, this umbrella is prone to leaking following frequent exposure to extremely harsh and heavy rain.
Brand New Player
The ZOMAKE golf umbrella will ensure that you can enjoy playing golf without having to worry about being exposed to the rain, which is likely to provide some challenges.
Available in 3 large sizes from 58 to 68 inches, each of these options provides adequate space to protect you and your golf equipment from the harsh weather conditions that you may encounter.
Aside from this, the ZOMAKE golf umbrella also utilizes a double canopy construction for maximum protection from the weather.
The addition of vents also ensures that the wind can circulate through the umbrella effectively, ultimately making it much easier for you to handle if you are confronted with harsh winds.
The materials used are waterproof, (we’d be a little concerned if they were not), however, they are also anti slump so you can be assured that your umbrella is going to remain in the best condition.
While the handle of the umbrella has been designed with an EVA grip for improved comfort, it also features an automatic open function that allows the umbrella to be easily opened in the click of a button.
- With three different size options available, you can select the appropriate option for your needs.
- The EVA grip ensures that you can hold this umbrella comfortably for prolonged periods.
- It is decently sized with the capacity to cover multiple people at once.
- Thanks to the multitude of available colors, you can select the option that is going to compliment your golfing style.
- Courtesy of the umbrella’s sturdy construction it is likely to see you through many uses.
- Unfortunately, this umbrella struggles to maintain its structure against the harsher weather conditions.
This professional standard golf umbrella is commonly sought after by many golfing professionals and enthusiasts for its durable and high-quality construction.
Designed using 190T pongee fabric it is high quality and lightweight which makes this umbrella much easier to carry around.
Courtesy of this double canopy design, this umbrella benefits from greater flexibility making it much more versatile when dealing with harsher weather conditions.
Sturdily designed, this umbrella isn’t going to become easily damaged when subject to harsh winds and adverse weather conditions.
Designed with an ergonomic handle, you can comfortably hold this umbrella over prolonged periods with improved comfort. Aside from this, the umbrella also incorporates an automatic opening feature which makes it very user friendly.
This also comes in handy should you find yourself in an unexpected downpour requiring the use of an umbrella as a matter of urgency.
- Backed with a lifetime warranty, there is help available should you experience any issues with the functioning of your umbrella.
- Available in a range of colors, you can select the umbrella that compliments your golfing style and attire.
- Made using 190T pongee fabric this is a high-quality umbrella.
- Retailing within an affordable price range, this is an ideal choice for golfers on a budget.
- Courtesy of the double-vented design, this umbrella is much easier to handle.
- Unfortunately, this umbrella is prone to leaking on occasions depending on the severity of the weather that it is used in.
This large professional-grade golf umbrella by Vedouci has been designed to protect you and your golf equipment from the often unexpected and harsh weather conditions that you may encounter when enjoying the great outdoors.
With a double-vented design, this is a strong windproof umbrella, that allows for effective wind circulation which makes it much easier to handle. Additionally, this vented design also allows the hot air to travel through making the area beneath the surface of the umbrella much cooler.
Made using lightweight materials this umbrella is going to be easy to carry around the course.
Measuring 49 inches in size, you are provided with a sufficient amount of space to ensure that you are effectively covered from the occasionally challenging weather conditions.
- Backed with a lifetime replacement warranty, if your current umbrella happens to break unexpectedly, you will receive a replacement free of charge.
- The expansive choice of colors allows you to select the umbrella that caters to their taste and golf attire.
- Impressively, the material used to construct this umbrella dries easily for convenience when transporting the umbrella.
- This is a nice quality umbrella that has been designed to a professional standard.
- It is an ideal size for protecting yourself and your golfing equipment from adverse weather conditions.
- The loop that secures the umbrella closed is prone to breaking.
There are several factors that you will need to consider before investing in your golf umbrella. From the durability of its construction to the size and the price, there are a combination of factors that create a golf umbrella that is going to be tough against the harsh weather conditions.
Many brands will offer golf umbrellas in different sizes. The size that you choose is likely to be dependent on what you will find easiest to carry along the course with you.
Some may find a slightly smaller umbrella easier to carry along the course. Ideally, your golf umbrella should be on the larger side as this will ensure that both your and your golfing equipment is protected from the harsh and adverse weather conditions that you may experience.
Your umbrella is likely to encounter many challenging weather conditions and for this reason, it is important to select the umbrella that has been durably designed to last.
Regardless of the amount that you spend on your umbrella you don’t want one that breaks following a few uses as this is likely to see you left to face the cold weather conditions or the harsh sun without any type of protection.
While you may not consider the color of your umbrella to be an important factor, aside from complimenting your golf attire, a brightly colored golf umbrella ensures that you are always visible on the course which is particularly useful when playing in poor visibility.
The canopy material used in the construction of your umbrella can vary, however, the most commonly opted for material tends to be 190T pongee fabric as it provides the most effective protection from the wind and rain.
You will often find that umbrellas are made using silk-like materials as they tend to be the most flexible and quick drying.
The weight of the umbrella can be highly influential in regards to how easy the umbrella is to transport. It is possible that you may not require the use of your golf umbrella for the whole duration of the game and so it needs to be light enough for you to carry along with your other gear if you can’t store it inside your golf caddy.
A heavy umbrella is also going to be much more difficult to hold resulting in hand fatigue. It’s important to choose a light umbrella while ensuring that it isn’t going to become damaged if it should be challenged with harsh and strong winds.
A double canopy umbrella
A double canopy umbrella simply refers to one that has been designed with vents on the side which allows the harsh winds to circulate effectively.
This keeps your umbrella intact and in an upright position which is going to make it easier for you to handle. It also comes in handy in the heat as it allows the warm air to pass through maintaining a cool environment for you.
The Automatic Open Mechanism
This function provides greater convenience in allowing you to open the umbrella with ease. When on the golf course you may find yourself faced with an unexpected downpour which means that you require the shelter from your umbrella as a matter of urgency.
The automatic open function does just that. In a simple click of a button, the umbrella can be opened providing you with quick and effective cover.
A comfortable grip is important in being able to hold your umbrella for prolonged periods. Your journey around the golf course can be somewhat of a lengthy one and if you embark on your game in the rain there is every chance of this weather persisting for the duration.
For this reason, there is a possibility that you could be carrying your umbrella for a considerable length of time. If the handle is insufficiently equipped with padding it is likely to become uncomfortable to hold, resulting in hand and wrist fatigue.
Questioning the waterproof qualities of an umbrella may seem a little silly to some, it’s an umbrella of course it’s going to be waterproof?
However, this isn’t always the case as some umbrellas struggle to keep the water away. It can often be influenced by the material used to make your umbrella. Some are poorly designed which makes them ineffective in providing you with sufficient cover against the rain and any potential leaks.
The amount that you spend on your golf umbrella is largely down to personal preference. Golf umbrellas tend to retail with relatively affordable price tags making them a pretty affordable expense for many golfers.
It is often the case with umbrellas that price equates to quality and so it is important to ensure that you don’t opt for a cheaper umbrella, compromising the quality as a result.
The most significant difference to note between a golf umbrella and a standard umbrella is that a golf umbrella is larger. Umbrellas with a rib length measuring between 26 and 34 inches tend to be classified as golf umbrellas. They tend to be larger so that they can protect both the golfer and their equipment from the weather as they embark on their journey around the golf course
Aside from the fact that golf umbrellas protect you from the weather, they also serve an important safety purpose. As they are larger and often brightly colored, they ensure that golfers remain visible on the course when playing in low visibility.
If you are likely to be carrying an umbrella around the course, there may be periods where you don’t require its use. You will need a convenient place for storing your umbrella so that it is easier to transport around the course with you. Your umbrella can simply be placed in the same section of your bag that stores your woods. You may find that your golf bag features a slot that is specifically designed for storing your umbrella when it isn’t in use.